Standards in NCLB Waiver With Respect to Ethnicity in Latest NJ Report

The New Jersey School Performance report arrived yesterday.

I'm not comfortable with targets based on ethnicity, but I'm open to a discussion on why it's relevant.

Socioeconomics probably creates the discrepancy and not skin color.


I'm looking for an easy way to sort school peer groups by rank.  Let's make it easier to find out what's working in similar districts.  I don't want competition to keep the play-books hidden.  Will competition lead to collaboration?

___
Update: The subgroups by race sparked my interest, and I looked at Maurice Hawk Elementary School.   Their subgroups (White and Asian) had the same target rate of 90.  
This post will be updated with links for sorting and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment